Tuesday, August 21, 2012

False Alarm!

So here is our funny story about how our day went yesterday....

Monday morning Adam was starting a new job and he's been having some nerves lately about new jobs because of cell service and our impending due date. The night before he told me "I'm going to talk to Mark and if you go into labor and need me and I have no service just call Mark and he can come get me." Funny little conversation that really wasn't going to amount to much anyways as far as I was concerned, a safety plan we weren't going to need. We have a little over 2 weeks until the due date and I still had a ton to do! So Monday morning I'm getting ready to head out to do a million chores ( ie get breast pump, nursing tanks ect.) when a I feel (TMI) a trickle of fluid. No big deal I have Amniotic fluid tests in the bathroom and I'm only 37 weeks, can't be! So I go in and test one, the test immediately turns black- a positive. I think I may have said a four letter word out-loud there. There was no way our living room is in remodel chaos, the bags aren't packed, the car seat hasn't been played with! Ahhh! But these tests are by no means a 100% so I call one of my nurse friends, she suggests I come in and get it checked out for sure. I wait a half an hour and test again positive again, call another nurse friend and she tells me you better go to the hospital. 3 Tests and 3 nurse friends later I'm freaking out just a hair! I try to call Adam on his new job, and just like a weird joke, this is the first job he has no service! We've been able to at least get a text through before, this job nothing! Well I'm not really feeling any more or less on the contraction front than I already have been so I decided to take a nice long "your going to the hospital maybe to have a baby and may never have a long shower again!" When I get out, I do the desperate plan and call Mark (Adams boss). No answer. Now I'm starting to get nervous. My Mom calls then and I didn't want to freak her out but end up telling her the whole story so far. She freaks out. I told her to go to work, I would keep her posted but that I wasn't really having contractions yet. Then of course is the whole issue of my little Sis being in Vegas... My Mom is literally ready to book a flight to get her here right now! I put the brakes on that for the time being but did look up flights. I call Mark again and this time he answers and says he'll get Adam delivered to me! Okay now the nerves and excitement are getting up there! So Mark has to yell down into the canyon to try and get Adam to come up from whatever spot he happens to be cutting down tree's on a large strip of land, when that doesn't work he starts firing a gun! Adam finally hears it and says he has never run so fast out of a canyon in his whole life! They had just discussed the plan that morning, he knew exactly what was going on! He rushes home and I have him put the car seat in while I clean the kitchen and get some laundry done, I do start to feel some pretty uncomfortable contractions in the frenzy and excitement. We get the basics done and then I tell Adam let's go to lunch and then go to the hospital. I wanted him to have a good full belly in case this turned into an all nighter and I knew they would cut me off of food if I was in labor and I was hungry! So we went on our last little lunch date as a fam of two ( so we thought!) and once we were sitting and relaxing contractions went away. I'm thinking in my head labor doesn't come and go but I had 3 nurses tell me to get checked out, and those positive tests. So we head in. An hour and a half of monitoring and two lab amniotic fluid test confirm, no broken water, only occasional contractions, and a closed cervix! Adam was more than bummed, I was embarrassed and relieved. I had made his boss shoot a gun to get him to run out of canyon, while my sister was preparing to drop 500 bucks on a last minute flight, awesome! I wasn't telling a soul about all this!!! That is until my Sis in law called asking if I was in labor, her hubby had heard it on the C.B.! My Dad the token truck driver had made sure all of Linn county knew in his excitement! So here is the long and embarrassing story of our first stab at parenthood! HAHA Hopefully the next run will go a little smoother and will end with us telling all of you the gender of our baby instead of a long story!! 

If your smiling, your not in labor!! Haha

No comments: